Latest Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Indianapolis Colts Odds, Updates, & News
The Jaguars are locked and loaded for the week one opener against the Colts. There are still a lot of questions in the Colts camp that will dramatically affect this game. Will Jonathan Taylor's contract issue be resolved? Who will be under center for the Colts, Minshew or Richardson?
- 📆 October 1, 2023: Colts QB Anthony Richardson injured with a shoulder sprain, expected to be out 6-7 weeks.
- 📆 September 7th, 2023: Jaguars defeat the Colts in Indianapolis 31-21
- 📆 May 22, 2023: Receiver Calvin Ridley practices in his first sanctioned Jacksonville Jaguars practice after being suspended for the 2022 season for sports betting.
- 📆 April 27-29, 2023: The Jaguars draft Oklahoma OT Anton Harrison in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
- 📆 March 8, 2023: The Jaguars release CB Shaquill Griffin.
- 📆 March 6, 2023: The Jaguars franchise tag tight end Evan Engram, who was top five among tight ends in targets and receptions in 2022.
- 📆 March 6, 2023: The NFL reinstates Jaguars receiver Calvin Ridley. A great weapon for Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars offense.
👉 Follow: Jaguars Super Bowl Odds
Jaguars vs. Colts Spread: What The Spread Tells Us
The current spread reflects the Jaguars as the favorites by more than a field goal. Jonathan Taylor's recent return could change the game's dynamics. The Colts will need combo of Moss/Taylor to be at his best if they want a chance against the talented Jaguars team. Sundays game will feature the Jacksonville return of former hero QB Gardner Minshew as he gets the start for the Colts in lue of injured Anthony Richardson.
🎁 More: Florida Sportsbook Promos
Jaguars vs. Colts Line: What The Moneyline Tells Us
The moneyline odds indicate that the Jaguars are the clear favorite to win this game. Currently sitting at -194 , the Jaguars have attracted significant betting action. However, it's worth noting that despite the uncertainties surrounding the Colts and Jonathan Taylor, they are still attracting 74% of moneyline bets.
Bettors are likely banking on the potential emergence of Trevor Lawrence and hoping to get the best line possible on the Jaguars.
Jaguars Chances To Win vs. Colts
Bookmakers don’t believe the Jacksonville Jaguars will face any resistance in the AFC South from the Colts in 2023. The Jaguars have an outstanding chance to win against the Colts in Week 1 and now again at home in Week 6
How Jacksonville Beats Indianapolis
The Jaguars are the more talented team on paper and have the advantage of continuity, with head coach Doug Pederson and Trevor Lawrence entering their second year together. The addition of wide receiver Calvin Ridley also elevates the Jaguars' offense. They will exploit the weaknesses in the Colts' offensive line and pressure the quarterback.
- Offensive strengths: Trevor Lawrence will dominate the passing game
- Pass Rush is week, they have to get pressure on QB Gardner Minshew
How Indianapolis Beats Jacksonville
Outside of Taylor, the Colts will look to second-year wide receiver Alec Pierce to play a pivotal role in the offense. Additionally, the Colts will hope that Jacksonville quarterback Trevor Lawrence has a slow start to the game, taking advantage of the abysmal offensive line.
- Pass rush will be key to getting to Lawrence early and disrupting his rhythm
- Gardner Minshews lack of arm strength will be a huge weakness against the Jaguars. Making it very hard to come back against a two score lead.
Jaguars vs. Colts Prop Bets
There are some intriguing prop bets to capitalize on during week 1, Jaguars vs. Indianapolis Colts. Travis Etienne will favor more heavily in the passing attack, while Zay Jones will see fewer targets as the WR3 than he did last year.
All three of the Jaguars wide receivers will be interesting prop bets for week 6. It will be one of the most advantageous match-up for them this season as the Colts have a weak secondary.
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Indianapolis Colts Player Props
- Travis Etienne (Jaguars): +7500 to Win Offensive Player of the Year (DraftKings)
- Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars): -120 to Throw +4000 Reg. Season Pass Yds (FanDuel)
- Calvin Ridley (Jaguars): +160 8+ Receiving Touchdowns Regular season (FanDuel)
- Anthony Richardson (Colts): -110 2800 Regular Season Passing Yards (DraftKings)
- Anthony Richardson (Colts): +600 to Win Offensive Rookie of the Year (DraftKings)
Calvin Ridley will get most of Trevor Lawrence’s first looks, so the over on his receptions will be something to look at. The Jaguars look to have a high-flying offense and put up a lot of points against a poor Colts defense. Look at the TD totals as a prop bet option.
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Indianapolis Colts Team Props
- Colts Total Team Points: O/U 20.5
- Jaguars Total Team Points: O/U 24.5
- Odd/Even: Odd -125, Even +105
- Jags to Win by 1-6 Points: +300
- First Scoring Play is Colts TD: +240
The Jaguars are the clear favorites to win the division and are expected to have a high-scoring offense. The Colts, on the other hand, have struggled to put up points consistently. Unless the Colts' offensive line improves and Taylor is available, the Jaguars could exceed scoring expectations.
History of Jaguars vs. Colts Games
The Colts and Jaguars have a long history of matchups, with Indianapolis holding the edge in the overall series. However, the Jaguars have succeeded in recent meetings, winning six of the last ten matchups and three of the previous four. The home team gas won 11 of 12 of the Jags/Colts last games and the Jaguars have covered the spread in seven of their last eight games vs the Colts.
Jaguars Record vs. Colts
In Week won the Jaguars defeated the Colts easily 31-21 at Indianapolis in Lucas Oil Field. The Jaguars were favored by 5 points going into that game. The two teams sit tied atop the AFC South at 3-2.
In 2022, the Jaguars beat the Colts 24-0 in week two but dropped a very exciting week six game at Lucas Oil Stadium. All-Time the Jaguars vs. Colts, the Colts hold a 27-17 advantage. Since the Jaguars and Colts joined the AFC South as division rivals in 2004, the Jaguars hold a 17-22 against the Colts.
1-2 sentences Introducing three of the all-time best games between these two teams.
Game 1: Dec 10, 2006
In 2006 the Jaguars dominated a 10-2 Colts team, setting a franchise rushing record. Despite Manning's efforts, the Colts could not find the end zone in that game. Jaguars greats Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew combined for 291 rushing yards and three TDs.
Game 2: Oct 24, 2004
Jimmy Smith took in a 25-yard pass from Byron Leftwich in the 4th quarter to take the lead. Peyton Manning answered right back with a 39-yard strike to Marvin Harrison. With the game now tied with just seconds left, a new Jaguars kicker Josh Scobee would sink a 53-yard FG to win the game and the hearts of Jaguars fans.
Game 3: Sept 23, 2012
In Andrew Luck's 3rd NFL game, he threw for over 300 yards in a crushing defeat by the Jaguars. After Josh Scobee and Adam Vinatieri traded 4th-quarter field goals, Jaguars young QB Blaine Gabbert hit Cecil Shorts for an unbelievable 80-yard touchdown. The Jaguars would prevail 22-17 that Sunday.
More On The Jaguars
Jaguars vs Colts FAQ
All time the Jaguars are 18-27 vs. the Indianapolis Colts.
The Jaguars will not face the Indianapolis Colts again this year unless they are matched up in the playoffs. The Jaguars beat the Colts twice in 2023.
The Colts beat the Jaguars 41-31 in their first meeting on 12/10/1995.
Beau Adams is a tried-and-true disabled NFL enthusiast, Notre Dame alum, and ardent Jaguars’ aficionado with a deep passion for obscure statistical analysis. He'll use his love for the Jags and background in analytics as a betting expert for FloridaBet.com throughout the NFL season.